Pages

Sunday, 16 April 2017

Pure Joy

I took them on an Easter hunt
and it was plain to see
the bunny'd been quite busy
hiding eggs for kids for free.
They picked up pink and yellow too
and purple ones, and eggs of blue.
Each plastic egg there hid a treat
and every one was something sweet.
"I like candy.." crowed the boy
"especially chocolate gives me joy."
The little girl, she could not speak.
Her mouth so full, she could only squeak
but you could see her eyes a'twinkle.
"Look grandma, a chocolate sprinkle"


6 comments:

  1. It sounds as if Grandma had as much fun as the little ones.
    Which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another descriptive, lovely poem...painting a delightful, happy picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww - what fun, and a great poem! Chocolate gives me joy, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I'm grinning here from ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You express brightly the same experience I had with grandchildren today --but indoors from gift baskets because of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun ... it is wonderful.

    Our grandchildren had a wonderful Easter Egg Hunt too ... those sort of memories are magic.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.