Pages

Monday, 1 May 2017

Poetry Monday

Poetry Monday was started by Diane of On The Alberta Montana Border.  You can find her in my sidebar.  WE are a small group so far.....love to have you join us.  Write some poetry or read some...critique or share your thoughts....it's free, it's fun....you can't go wrong...right????

Heart Beat

From the first heart beat
you were mine
for all time.
And when your tiny fingers
curled around mine,
when your downy head
rested against my breast,
my heart became yours.
You grew
and learned,
I aged
and realised how little I knew.
You flew the nest
and we both discovered
how to live without each other
in our daily lives.
But still,
when you hurt, I hurt;
when you cry, I shed a tear.
my stories are your stories now
and, when you feel
that first gentle heart beat
the circle will be complete.
You will lose your heart
and gain the world.

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Both the sentiments and the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! And so true. I remember it like it was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful My eldest is soon to turn 50, but how well I remember that special day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! They are always your children, no matter how old you get, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really good, it tells the whole story in such a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heartfelt...lovely, Delores. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this was just a beautiful read ... it bought tears to my eyes.
    Wonderful, wonderful words.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.