Pages

Monday, 7 August 2017

Poetry Monday

It's Poetry Monday again....that day of the week when we write, read and appreciate the offerings of Diane (on the Alberta Montana Border) and Jenny O (Procrastinating Donkey) anyone else who cares to participate and me.......natch.  Many thanks to Diane for dreaming up this challenge.   The suggested theme this week is 'humour'.   It's not necessary to use the theme but it sometimes helps to have a jumping off point.
Anyhoo......here we go....

The Joker

A hearty chuckle
rumbled through the universe
among moons and planets
so diverse
sending them spinning
whirling and reeling
bumping against the Celestial ceiling,
shaking the walls, the foundations of the universe.
Hidden deep in that darkened spot
a protected container left to rot
shuddered,
toppled,
fell,
releasing a hideous blot.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
All of Heaven held its breath.
The silence was the sound of death.
One dared to ask
“What was in the flask?”
“A failed experiment.”
came the gloomy reply.
“The seed of human life.
left there to die."
“WHO TOLD ME THAT INFERNAL JOKE?”
One angel stepped forward,
his maker to  face.
“Good one wasn’t it Sir?”,
then, trembling, stepped back a pace.
 The joke telling angel was gone in a blink.
“One good joke deserves another, don’t you think?”
“Lucifer has gone to Earth to dwell,
The seed of life landed there as well.”
One angel turned and nudged another .
“Who said God doesn’t have a sense of humour?”

Now....lets see what you can do.

13 comments:

  1. Not at all what I expected - and clever too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S where we came from?? A failed experiment?
    I'm disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sorry for the Joker:-) Nice poem Delores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, Delores ... you truly have a gift. I love it! I think this is my favourite of yours since I started coming here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Delores, I like the way you brought us to life, even with Lucifer dwelling among us, God's sense of humor at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not a comment but a request. Jan from Low Carb Team has asked me to ask you whether her comments are going to spam since they aren't appearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have fixed it. Ask her to try again please. She's not the only one who was having trouble.

      Delete
  7. Thanks folks. The fact that God has a sense of humour is borne home to me every day when I look in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just trying to comment again ...
    I'll call it testing, testing, one two three!

    But I do like the poem.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee!
      I'm back in! LOL!

      Many thanks to EC too.

      All the best Jan

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.